Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Pianist


Kate had her first piano recital, with her new teacher Gina Morrison. Gina lives 4 houses down the street, and happens to be the mom of one of her best friends.

It's been fun to see the way Kate has progessed in her music, and especially the piano. She has been taking lessons now for about 3 and a half years, and I think, no actually, I know, she is a much better pianist than I am! It's embarrassing for me to admit that! But it does make my heart proud to hear her play. I hope she continues!!

Who knew?? My mom was right! Practicing makes all the difference,and I am proud to say that this girl practices!! (Much more than I ever did!) Good job Miss Kate, keep at it and you really can be a great pianist! And then maybe you will have crazy people shouting at (I guess I mean for) you! (Let me tell you, it was sort of a strange recital...well, that's all I'm going to say about that!)

2 comments:

cz said...

you sounded great on skpe the other day keep it up then you will have a guaranteed calling all your life!

Ginger said...

Good for her that she practices! I wish I could get mine to practice - it's like pulling teeth.