Tuesday, December 15, 2009

There sure is a lot to be thankful for


We sure do have a lot to be thankful for, sometimes I know I forget that... I take
everything for granted... our health (can't tell you the last time we've been to the doctor), our vehicles (I can tell you the last time the truck has been to the Doctor :-)), our home (that is actually big enough for us), my beautiful and remarkable children, and my wonderful and amazing husband, who keeps on trudging on, going to a job, where he is taken for granted, and being thrown into a way of life, that is for only a few select among us.

But I truly am thankful for these things, as well as the many other things that are in my life... probably the most important is the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I can't even begin to imagine how I would live my life without this life line... for that is what it truly is. It gives us hope, and it shows us the way.

Thanksgiving this year was spent in Cedar City, where we get to have the best of both worlds, spending time with both families. We stayed at Kathryn's, and we ate with Grandma and Grandpaw Bryant. They moved last January, so this was the first time having Thanksgiving in their new home. I am very thankful they were able to move into such a nice new home, a rambler, where everything is on the same level, and someplace where they don't have to worry about renters. It's been great for them, and we are really happy about that.

Cousins from Texas weren't able to come (they went to Branson, Missouri for some fun), and we had Thanksgiving with the Benells, Uncle Ronald, and ofcourse Grandma and Grandpaw. It was so yummy! They worked so hard! I say they, because all I ever make is Cookie Salad, for Tony, not much work goes into that. Which is fine by me... they make homemade pies and rolls, and go all out... I'd probably open a box of stovetop, or even better yet, go out to eat! Good thing I am blessed with hard workers in my life! :-)

Sure have lots to be thankful for!

No comments: