Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Arise! And Shine Forth!

When the Young Women's president of our ward, sent out an e-mail, telling us that our stake had tickets, and asked how many tickets we would like, I quickly replied...3! And was so excited! Then, later I realized that it was the same weekend as Dylan's Karate review, and Dylan's play, and Jocelynn's birthday, and that Nana was coming, so I asked for 4 tickets, and was excited that we could attend the General Young Women's Broadcast!
After the karate review, we all got dressed, and drove into Salt Lake, I don't know how I got lucky, but when I got the tickets, I also got a parking pass. We got great parking, and pretty good seats, even though the towers were in the way.
I loved the things that were shared. How we should let our light shine, that we should "Rise Up!", and if we make a mistake, we can be forgiven. I am so greatful for my beautiful girls! They are such a great example to me, and they are continually shining, and rising forth!
After the broadcast, we went to see the new City Creek Center, that place was absolutely packed! It was kind of ridiculous, so after wandering in the craziness, we went back over to Temple Square, and peace was found again! It was amazing, the different feeling we all felt.
I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ, and how it teaches me to be a better person, how it teaches me where I can find peace, and that I can share this knowledge with my family, so that they can feel joy, peace, and happiness, as they continue to shine.

No comments: