Friday, August 28, 2009



It's that time of year again, you know, the time of year that everyone has been thinking about for the last three months, in the back of their head, whether it be a teacher, thinking "oh... freedom!", or those kids, thinking (some of the time) "freedom!!", but the other half of the time, thinking "boredom", and the time when mom's think "...". Oh, that's right, mom's don't get to think during the summer!
Monday, Aug. 24th, was the first day back to school, and after our glorious vacation, I'm not sure we were all ready to get back to reality, but it came anyways, with the pre school jitters, for most everyone. Dylan and Jocelynn kept getting up, and I think those girls stayed up pretty late reading as well. But things went pretty smoothly.


Jocelynn was excited to have Mr. Karen, along with her bestest friend in the whole world, Katie Burton. I was happy, because she was originally put in the split class, and to say the least, I wasn't very happy about that, so at registration, I went in and talked to the principal, told her my concerns, and then she told me to come back! I couldn't come back, because we were going to be gone, so I asked her to put an asterisk by her name, and change her if she could, so when Nari (Katie's mom), called me on Thursday, when we were at Sea World, she told me she was in Mr. Karen's class I was thrilled.



Dylan is a big 4th grader this year, which is almost unbelievable, and he got "Yelling Yoder" or so she is nicknamed, but he didn't seem to mind. He'll do great so matter what. So far she is not living up to her nickname.




Afton was excited to find out that her teacher is Mrs. Cooper, and that her two friends are also in her class this year. Sixth grade!! Next year she'll be off to Jr. High!! Crazy!



And my dear Kate. Last year of Junior High, and in the 8th grade. This year they changed the way they do their classes, so they have 5 classes each day, instead of seven. They keep the same 3 core classes, in the morning (I think), and rotate their 4 elective classes every other day. Confused?? Me too!! Her first day of 8th grade will always be a memorable one for me, I think she cried (after school) about 12 times!! No kidding!
I'm excited about this year! They are all super kids and super students, so we should have lots of superp experiences to tell you all about!!

1 comment:

Mauri Bowles said...

Wow!!! It;s school time again! They all look so cute and ready for school. Love Aftons hair. WAY CUTE!!! Hope the first week went well. My kids finally started today. Keep smiling!