Tuesday, June 22, 2010

May 5th

May 5th. Wow! What a day! Yes, it was Cinco de Mayo, and I even bought some Carne Asada, so we could celebrate, but that's not what happened, and it was not a time of celebration. My beautiful Grandma, almost slipped away from this life to the next, but that Granda, is one determined lady, and very perservering!



My Grandma's hands, and her finger nails, painted in her color, with her trademark flowers on them.

Grandma Murray had had a mini-stroke, about a month before, at my cousin's daughters baptism, and was told that she might have more. And she did. She had another one on Sunday (I think), and then another one, on May 5th, Wednesday. Kathryn called saying she was in the hospital, and said that she didn't look so good, I wanted to go grab my kids and head down to Cedar, right then, but then I remembered they had Core Testing. Core testing, is when they stress the kids out so much, about not missing any days, reminding them to eat their breakfast, telling them to get plenty of rest, so much, that they work the kids to a frenzy. Well, I said a prayer (our plan was to go to Cedar City, on the weekend for Mother's day, asking my Father in Heaven if we could wait until Friday, and I got a calm feeling, telling me that was ok), but then Kathryn then said that all of my cousins just walked in to her room, and Kathryn, was getting a little more concerned, that she wasn't being told everything. I called Daniel, to ask him what we should do, I had been communicating the whole time, and sweet man that he is,after talking to his boss, told me he was leaving then, and he could work from Cedar on Thursday. I picked up Kate from basketball, and instead of taking her to soccer,which was the plan, took her home, and told her to pack. She started crying. I told her what was happening, and we then gathered everything, and everyone, and then left right when Daniel came home.


We made it to Cedar, and went directly to the hospital. Grandma was frail and weak, and looking around, with a far off look in her eye, but she knew who I was, and asked if my Mom was coming (she was on her way). Earlier in the day she was given a priesthood blessing by her bishop, releasing her from this life. But apparently she wasn't ready, because she made it through the night, then the next, and then the next.




I'm very grateful for her, and for her life. I'm going to miss her, when she actually decides to leave us, but I'm glad she didn't. Making Cinco De Mayo a day of Celebration, and not one of sadness.


1 comment:

Leslie said...

I love that lady.